This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


Private Work: Our 2019 list of fees for private work has been updated please click here

New Email Address: we no longer use

Text Messaging: Check your contact details are up to date with reception ASAP to make the most of our new text messaging service, where your doctor, nurse or receptionist will pass on important information to you or ask you to book an appointment. 

We are Proud Antibiotic Guardians! : click here to find out more

We're on Twitter! :  PLEASE NOTE we are not affiliated with ANY Facebook pages.

Job Vacancies: click here

Keeping Well with YWHC 2019: For more info on keeping well this year with our FREE Health Services click here

Surgery update: We are happy to announce that Dr David Lupini has joined the surgery as a new Partner and is now seeing patients.

*Important update to our prescribing policy* Click here to read more

*Booking FLU Vaccinations NOW!!*Click here for more information about Flu Season

Sickness Certificates

You only need a doctor’s note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days. Your employer will  provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of  illness. The form is also available at the front reception desk or to download below:

SC2 - Statutory Sick Pay Self Certificate

What to do next:

Give your completed form to your employer. It will help them to decide if you can get SSP.
Keep a copy for your own information.

If you can get SSP, your employer will pay you in the same way they usually pay your wages.  If you cannot get SSP, your employer must give you form SSP1 to tell you why. You can use form SSP1 to  support a claim for Employment and Support Allowance.

If you disagree with your employer’s decision and you have also looked at the further information on the  HMRC website, you can ask HM Revenue & Customs for a decision about your entitlement. You must do this  within six months of the first day that you are notified of your employer’s decision. Phone our Dispute Team on 0191 225 5221.

Statutory Sick Pay (SSP): Employee's statement of sickness

Other help while you are sick

You can get more information about other help while you are sick in leaflet DWP1026 Help if you’re ill or disabled. The  leaflet is also available at any Jobcentre Plus office, most advice centres like the Citizens Advice Bureau,any post office (except in Northern Ireland), or on

If you do not have much money coming in while you are sick, you may be able to get a Social Security benefit. You should contact any Jobcentre Plus office or, go to You can also phone the Benefit Enquiry Line for people with disabilities. The phone call is free. The number is 0800 882 200 or in Northern Ireland 0800 220 674. If you have any problems with hearing or speaking and use a textphone, phone 0800 243 355. The phone call is free. If you do not have your own textphone system, they are available to use at the Citizens Advice Bureau and main libraries.

If you want to know more about SSP go to

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website