Covid Vaccination Update
Please do not contact the practice to ask about COVID-19 vaccination. You will be contacted when you are eligible.
We have been asked by NHS England and NHS Improvement to start delivering the COVID-19 vaccination programme. This will be done by working together with Sparkhill Primary Care Centre to provide the vaccines, rather than doing vaccinations here at the practice.
To enable everyone to get the vaccine in a safe and controlled way, priority groups have been agreed, so the vaccine can be delivered to people who need it first.
We will contact you when you are eligible to receive the vaccine and provide you with information about where to go and when.
Please don’t contact Yardley Wood Health Centre or Sparkhill Primary Care Centre to ask for a vaccine before then.
We are working hard to plan the delivery of COVID-19 vaccinations while continuing to deliver the largest ever flu vaccine campaign and supporting our patients with routine and urgent health requests. On that basis, we are unable to answer additional questions about the COVID vaccine.
To help answer likely questions, we have included some important information you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccination:
- The vaccine will be given in order of priority to those at highest risk first (see below).
- We will be in contact with you with information about where and when you will need to receive the vaccine.
- Please act on your invite when it comes and make sure you attend your appointment.
- Please continue to follow social distancing, face-covering and hand hygiene guidance, which will still save lives.
What are the priority groups?
Older adults in care homes, care home workers, and frontline health and social care workers are being offered the vaccine first.
Then the vaccine will also be offered in age order to:
- Those aged over 80 years
- Those aged over 75 years
- Those aged over 70 years
- Adults on the NHS shielded patient list.
- Those aged over 65 years
- Adults under 65 years with long term conditions.
Those aged 50-64 will be offered later. Please wait for your turn. If you are not in the groups above, you will have to wait for a COVID-19 vaccination until more supplies are available. When more vaccine becomes available, we will be offering it to more people.
Thank you for your patience and co-operation
Please do not email requests for GP/nurse appointments, blood/xray reports or fit notes. Any requests other than prescription requests will not be actioned by the team.
Please click the banner above to access our new e-consult product or download the BSOL app to request medication and view your medical record. New users of the BSOL app must self-verify to gain access - YWHC have no involvement in this process so we are unable to assist you should you have issues self-verifying - we recommend you access forms for e-consult through the banner
You MUST NOT attend the surgery for any reason, including booked appointments, if any of the following apply –
- you have any symptoms of coronavirus (high temperature, new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- you have tested positive for coronavirus within 10 days
- you live with someone who has symptoms or tested positive
- someone in your support bubble has symptoms or tested positive
- you're told to self-isolate by NHS Test & Trace or the NHS Covid-19 app
- You are awaiting a test result
It is very important you follow the rules so to keep yourself and our staff safe
CLICK "register using nhs log in" to verify your identity
Good News! you can now access online video NHS appointments via the Livi app 7am-10pm Monday to Friday and 8am-4pm Saturdays, Sundays and Bank holidays. link to the app below.
(Site updated 01/04/2021)