We will be closed on:



Audiology Service

If you are over 55 with any hearing problems you can be seen by and Audiologist at the surgery. Please call reception to book into a clinic.


Sickness Certificates

You only need a doctor’s note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days. Your employer will  provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of  illness. The form is also available at the front reception desk or to download below:

SC2 - Statutory Sick Pay Self Certificate

What to do next:

Give your completed form to your employer. It will help them to decide if you can get SSP.
Keep a copy for your own information.

If you can get SSP, your employer will pay you in the same way they usually pay your wages.  If you cannot get SSP, your employer must give you form SSP1 to tell you why. You can use form SSP1 to  support a claim for Employment and Support Allowance.

If you disagree with your employer’s decision and you have also looked at the further information on the  HMRC website, you can ask HM Revenue & Customs for a decision about your entitlement. You must do this  within six months of the first day that you are notified of your employer’s decision. Phone our Dispute Team on 0191 225 5221.

Statutory Sick Pay (SSP): Employee's statement of sickness

Other help while you are sick

You can get more information about other help while you are sick in leaflet DWP1026 Help if you’re ill or disabled. The  leaflet is also available at any Jobcentre Plus office, most advice centres like the Citizens Advice Bureau,any post office (except in Northern Ireland), or on

If you do not have much money coming in while you are sick, you may be able to get a Social Security benefit. You should contact any Jobcentre Plus office or, go to You can also phone the Benefit Enquiry Line for people with disabilities. The phone call is free. The number is 0800 882 200 or in Northern Ireland 0800 220 674. If you have any problems with hearing or speaking and use a textphone, phone 0800 243 355. The phone call is free. If you do not have your own textphone system, they are available to use at the Citizens Advice Bureau and main libraries.

If you want to know more about SSP go to

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website